SUNDAY SCHOOL IS THE PLACE TO BE
There is a place for each and every person in Sunday School. Join us from 9:30am - 10:15am in one of the age graded classes designed for Bible study, prayer, and fellowship. All children of God need to grow in their relationship with the Lord. Come be a part of a small group who studies the Bible and attempts to live out the truth of God's Word with the support of other fellow believers.
For thou art a holy people unto the Lord our God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth. (Isaiah 43.1)
SUNDAY SCHOOL VISION
OUR MISSION IS TO CLEARLY PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST TO OUR COMMUNITY WHILE EQUIPPING OUR PEOPLE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHERE GOD HAS PLACED THEM.
- PROCLAIM CHRIST---------------------------------------WORSHIP SERVICE
- EQUIP OUR PEOPLE-------------------------------------SUNDAY SCHOOL & DISCIPLESHIP
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHERE PLANTED--------SERVANT EVANGELISM
We should make our worship services the best they can be so as to proclaim Christ in a clear and meaningful way. Our OUTREACH EVANGELISM must be to people who visit as well as going out to soul win those who need a Savior. We hope to see a great harvest of souls come into the Kingdom. This will take a season of Prayer and Commitment from each of us. We must get busy for our Lord's return.
EQUIP OUR PEOPLE
Our INREACH EVANGELISM must be done by our Sunday School classes. We ask that the teacher assign class members names of members who are not regularly attending S.S. Please get class member to give a report to you so we can know whether the absent members are still prospects or if they are going somewhere else. We must keep each other accountable if we are to reach those on our class rolls.
Our teacher training will be done by on the job training in which we are asking that the assistant teachers be allowed to teach at least once a month. There will also be special training offered at different times.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHERE PLANTED
We must let the community know we love and care for them through SERVANT EVANGELISM. We are asking each S.S. Class to plan to do a service project once a Quarter. Below is a few suggestions for your class to consider:
· HOME REPAIRS FOR ELDERLY
· COLLECTING OLD LITERATURE FOR NEEDY CHURCHES
· OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
· CHURCH YARD WORK BEAUTIFICATION
· ADOPT A STUDENT (COULD BE DURING COLLEGE TERM)
· PROVIDE MEALS FOR FAMILIES FACING SICKNESS
· CLEAN AND CUT YARDS FOR NEEDY
· FREE CAR WASH AT CHURCH (COULD BE DONE WITH SEVERAL
CLASSES TOGETHER WITH ALL THE YOUTH S.S. CLASSES)
· FUND RAISERS FOR FAMILIES WITH HEALTH BILLS
· PROVIDE CAR REPAIRS FOR WIDOWS
· FUND RAISERS FOR MISSION TRIPS
· RAISE FUNDS FOR SPECIAL OFFERINGS
· RELAY FOR LIFE
· ADOPT AN ORPHAN (COULD BE YEAR ROUND)
· SEND A STUDENT TO CAMP
· ADOPT A SHUT-IN (COULD BE YEAR ROUND)
· PAINT CLASS ROOM IF NEEDED (GET APPROVAL FROM
· GO ON A MISSION TRIP TO HELP A NEEDY CHURCH
· DO A BACKYARD BIBLE CLUB DURING THE SUMMER
· BIG THURSDAY
· HARVEST FESTIVAL
· OUTDOORSMEN'S BANQUET
· GREER COMMUNITY MINISTRIES
· SOUP KITCHEN
These are just a few ideas to choose from. Please start planning now different ways to reach out to our community.They must know we care for them before they will come to our church. Let's make this the greatest year we have ever seen at PLEASANT GROVE.